We are looking for positive, friendly wine-lovers to join our team. Green Bird Organic Cellars and Farm is a mom-and-pop vineyard and boutique winery producing fewer than 1000 cases of handcrafted, 100% estate-grown wine and hard-cider each year -- we are the farmers, the winemakers, the bookkeepers, the tasting room servers. However, we can’t do it all on our own as we’ve seen significant growth in the number of visitors to our tasting room in the last two years. We are looking for Tasting Room Servers who will best embody the Green Bird vision and brand as we continue to grow. While this is a seasonal position, for the right year-round local this has the potential to evolve into a managerial position after a summer of proven work and vision-fit.
Tasting Room Server
May-October, part-time. Free wine & cider, monthly and seasonal bonuses, insanely good tips, big employee discount, close-knit team, opportunity to learn about wine, cider & organic farming, positive work environment in our tasting room. This is more than filling glasses; you get to share the story of Green Bird and help make the customer experience magical.
- Communicate with guests in a knowledgeable, professional and gracious manner that is consistent with the mission of Green Bird, always connecting back to our story
- Serve samples of wine, sharing memorable and vision-aligned information with guests in both individual and group settings
- Accurately use the Square point of sale system to conduct sales and maintain tasting room inventory
- Promote the wine club and process sign-ups (cash bonuses available for meeting monthly goals)
- Perform basic cleaning and organizing of tasting room, restroom and patio
- Perform standard service-industry opening and closing checklist duties
- Wine & cider appreciation is a non-negotiable part of this position
- Must have strong verbal communication skills and the ability to articulate product information to guests
- Ability to establish priorities and work independently
- Ability to work calmly and communicate positively under pressure
- Strong organizational ability, exceptional attention to detail and follow-through
- Previous customer service and retail experience preferred
- Ability to stand, move, or walk for extended periods of time up to 7 hours
- Reliable transportation
- Ability to lift and/or move up to 50lbs
- Ability to work consistent weekly hours is non-negotiable
- Availability through October strongly preferred but we’re also happy to work with students and others who can only commit to part of the season
- No experience necessary for the right candidate, but 1-3 years of applicable experience is preferred
- High School diploma required, college degree a plus
- Must be 21 or older
- Free Wine & Cider
- Great employee discount
- Small, close-knit team
- Summer 2021 pay averaged $28-$55/hour with tips, depending on salesmanship
- Cash bonus program for individuals who meet monthly wine club member sign-up goals
- Retention bonus for employees who maintain continuous employment May through October 31st
Please apply by sending your résumé and cover letter detailing your qualifications and vison-fit to greenbirdcellars.com.
Appealing candidates will be contacted directly to schedule an interview.